The Government has launched the Business Registration Service (BRS) , with over 2,000 companies and nearly 11,000 business names registered using the new service to date. BRS has significantly reduced the time needed to apply for business and tax registrations, removing red tape and making it easier to start a business. For the first time, you can use BRS to apply for an Australian company online directly.
With BRS, you can apply for:
- an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- an Australian company
- a business name, and
- Goods and services tax (GST).
Business.gov.au has also developed a new ‘Starting a business’ guide , that walks you through the process of starting a business in Australia.The guide will help you to:
- prepare and plan to start a business,
- understand what is required and what is optional when starting a business, and
- understand key business and tax registrations.
Article Compliments of www.asic.gov.au